One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A book giving detailed information about how something should be operated.‘operating manuals for military bulldozers’
- ‘He was just another over-hyped big guy with all the tools but no operating manual.’
- ‘The steps outlined in the Operating Manual seem appropriate for the purpose.’
- ‘I always read the operating manual of a new pistol before I go shooting.’
- ‘The instructions to do so are contained in the operating manual.’
- ‘Too often, some of the finer points shown in the manufacturer's operating manual are overlooked.’
- ‘The colonel was responsible for writing operating manuals for military bulldozers.’
- ‘The car owner can now consult the operating manual right in the driver's seat through the personal communications system.’
- ‘Always closely follow the aircraft manufacturer's operating manual procedures concerning the time in which carburettor heat should be applied.’
- ‘The department has a dedicated team which provides guidance and assistance to panel solicitors with respect to the procedures set out within the Operating Manual.’
- ‘His book is both an operating manual and a cautionary tale for anyone contemplating a leap into the start-up unknown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.