One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A book giving detailed information about how something should be operated.‘operating manuals for military bulldozers’
- ‘I always read the operating manual of a new pistol before I go shooting.’
- ‘The instructions to do so are contained in the operating manual.’
- ‘He was just another over-hyped big guy with all the tools but no operating manual.’
- ‘His book is both an operating manual and a cautionary tale for anyone contemplating a leap into the start-up unknown.’
- ‘Too often, some of the finer points shown in the manufacturer's operating manual are overlooked.’
- ‘The steps outlined in the Operating Manual seem appropriate for the purpose.’
- ‘The department has a dedicated team which provides guidance and assistance to panel solicitors with respect to the procedures set out within the Operating Manual.’
- ‘Always closely follow the aircraft manufacturer's operating manual procedures concerning the time in which carburettor heat should be applied.’
- ‘The colonel was responsible for writing operating manuals for military bulldozers.’
- ‘The car owner can now consult the operating manual right in the driver's seat through the personal communications system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.