One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We started discussing ideas from public life, government - things that I thought weren't very inspiring operatically.’
- ‘The movie culminates in a silent, slow-motion nocturnal ballet of death staged on a rain-drenched city street, with a posse of mobsters machine-gunned down as residents gaze operatically from their windows.’
- ‘Appropriately enough, the production goes operatically awry.’
- ‘He housed it in a refurbished steel-and-glass bank building and stuffed the menu with operatically large steak and pasta dishes, many of them of average quality, many of them drenched with unsavory amounts of truffle oil.’
- ‘They could emote operatically and weep in the streets and threaten suicide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.