One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of singers and musicians who perform in an opera together.‘the star of the opera company’
- ‘He helped me both with management and with getting my name out to opera companies.’
- ‘We need opera companies to commission new operas.’
- ‘He became a member of the opera company, and this led to an appointment with the Imperial Opera in St. Petersburg.’
- ‘She establishes herself in the chorus of a Parisian opera company.’
- ‘He spent much of his early life touring with his family in a travelling opera company.’
- ‘I was second oboist in a touring opera company he was conducting.’
- ‘Opera companies are lining up to stage the piece.’
- ‘The opera company has toured from Italy to Japan with relatively traditional productions.’
- ‘The island's opera company took a great deal of care to see that it did justice to this beloved masterpiece.’
- ‘You'll seldom hear your local opera company attempt Norma, while La boheme and Carmen are perpetual fair game.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.