Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Say something.‘sorry, I'll never open my mouth about you again’
- ‘I try to assume less before opening my mouth or offering information.’
- ‘You didn't even manage to get accurate information before you opened your mouth.’
- ‘A middle-aged woman who had seen the killing of a bail bondsman by a drug gang leader, was so scared she could not open her mouth on the stand.’
- ‘Next time you open your mouth to react to something, think twice.’
- ‘After spending a great deal of the 1990s making speeches on education, I took a vow never to open my mouth on the subject again, at least in public.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.