One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be receptive to.‘she had opened her mind to new things’
- ‘David's talk had opened her mind to what sort of horrible things could be in the things she was eating; quite contrary, she supposed, to his intention.’
- ‘You've opened your mind to certain things, and you've learned how to treat yourself better.’
- ‘She feels that what she's learned about prisons has opened her mind to much more about ‘the social problems that plague our society.’’
- ‘The only thing one has to do to find it is open his mind to new and previously ‘unheard’ of ideas.’
- ‘He opened my mind to a whole world of knowledge that I hadn't really explored before.’
- ‘You just get to taste everything, and it really opens your mind to what's out there.’
- ‘It's not necessarily that I understand all of it or believe all of it for sure, but it's opening my mind to so many more possibilities.’
- ‘Just unleash your creativity and open your mind to new and memorable ideas for unique baby shower centerpieces.’
- ‘Your magazine has surely opened my mind to more reasons.’
- ‘‘I thought there had to be more to life than that and opened my mind to the opportunity of finding an alternative source of income,’ he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.