One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be receptive to.‘she had opened her mind to new things’
- ‘‘I thought there had to be more to life than that and opened my mind to the opportunity of finding an alternative source of income,’ he said.’
- ‘You've opened your mind to certain things, and you've learned how to treat yourself better.’
- ‘You just get to taste everything, and it really opens your mind to what's out there.’
- ‘He opened my mind to a whole world of knowledge that I hadn't really explored before.’
- ‘Just unleash your creativity and open your mind to new and memorable ideas for unique baby shower centerpieces.’
- ‘She feels that what she's learned about prisons has opened her mind to much more about ‘the social problems that plague our society.’’
- ‘The only thing one has to do to find it is open his mind to new and previously ‘unheard’ of ideas.’
- ‘Your magazine has surely opened my mind to more reasons.’
- ‘It's not necessarily that I understand all of it or believe all of it for sure, but it's opening my mind to so many more possibilities.’
- ‘David's talk had opened her mind to what sort of horrible things could be in the things she was eating; quite contrary, she supposed, to his intention.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.