Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Learning based on independent study or initiative rather than formal classroom instruction.
- ‘Distance and open learning began with correspondence courses.’
- ‘Mr Woods said that ASTE applauded the Polytechnic and staff for the recently received Commonwealth of Learning award for distance education and open learning.’
- ‘Write a detailed training and development rationale for technology-based learning and open learning in an organization that you have studied.’
- ‘The emphasis is on open learning and all courses are structured in modules where students have the option to specialise.’
- ‘Having just now relocated to Bristol, UK, all our teaching is done through open learning, email and student forums.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.