Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Learning based on independent study or initiative rather than formal classroom instruction.
- ‘Write a detailed training and development rationale for technology-based learning and open learning in an organization that you have studied.’
- ‘Distance and open learning began with correspondence courses.’
- ‘Mr Woods said that ASTE applauded the Polytechnic and staff for the recently received Commonwealth of Learning award for distance education and open learning.’
- ‘The emphasis is on open learning and all courses are structured in modules where students have the option to specialise.’
- ‘Having just now relocated to Bristol, UK, all our teaching is done through open learning, email and student forums.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.