Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The number of contracts or commitments outstanding in futures and options trading on an official exchange at any one time.
- ‘Look at the futures open interest on December silver and it is over 74,000 contracts.’
- ‘The gold open interest fell 901 contracts to 218, 161.’
- ‘By ‘most’ I mean the largest possible proportion of open interest.’
- ‘Today, the CBOE reported total option open interest of 58.7 million contracts, an increase of 9.7 million from year-end.’
- ‘The gold open interest rose again, this time up 1549 contracts to 298, 149.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.