One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The number of contracts or commitments outstanding in futures and options trading on an official exchange at any one time.
- ‘Today, the CBOE reported total option open interest of 58.7 million contracts, an increase of 9.7 million from year-end.’
- ‘The gold open interest rose again, this time up 1549 contracts to 298, 149.’
- ‘Look at the futures open interest on December silver and it is over 74,000 contracts.’
- ‘By ‘most’ I mean the largest possible proportion of open interest.’
- ‘The gold open interest fell 901 contracts to 218, 161.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.