One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Begin to shoot.‘troops opened fire on crowds armed with staves and knives’
- ‘An armed robber with a Mini - 14 opens fire, shooting several people.’
- ‘The first group opens fire on a convoy's flank, initiating the battle, and then withdraws, drawing the convoy's attention toward it.’
- ‘Right-wing and media commentators have denounced the trial for setting a dangerous precedent that will cause American soldiers to think twice before opening fire in a war zone.’
- ‘The two boxcars with machine turrets and the open artillery boxcar began to open fire.’
- ‘He would have danced a jig, but he still had the Watch on his tail and they were beginning to open fire.’
- ‘Wielding an assault rifle he began to open fire on us, and the other dozen men followed suit.’
- ‘Just as the southern dismounted squad hears metal on metal, a BMP opens fire, launching round after round of 30 mm toward the Bradley platoon.’
- ‘And then U.S. troops that are in this area began opening fire on what I assume was the firing point.’
- ‘Once he had cut the others free, Richard and I began opening fire on the others who were firing from the car.’
- ‘Distracted by this new threat, the infantry began to open fire on the oncoming cars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.