One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounChristian Church
Communion administered to any Christian believer.
- ‘Priests attracted to open communion might also be trying to avoid novel harms.’
- ‘I have suggested that there is a classic soteriology enacted in the structural connection of baptism and Eucharist on which the practice of open communion may have a serious impact.’
- ‘Better than offering open communion, the church might well consider how to hold out its hands in invitation over the waters.’
- ‘Finally, there is a review of factors to be taken into account in deciding whether the consequences of open communion for Christian life are acceptable.’
- ‘Counterintuitively, I believe that the practice of open communion is inhospitable, and represents confusion about the very nature of the gift that the church has to offer the culture in which it is situated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.