One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lack of occlusion of the front teeth when the jaw is closed normally.
- ‘Another common form of malocclusion, called an open bite, happens when the front teeth don't come completely together when a child bites down.’
- ‘The child had a severe anterior open bite as a result of tongue thrust, with accompanying malocclusion.’
- ‘In particular, he reported that abnormal children with stress-related emotional disturbances had a higher number of instances of overbite and open bite than did normal children.’
- ‘Crowding, deep bite, open bite, cross-bite, thumb sucking, missing teeth, and so on are some other agents that lead to facial irregularities.’
- ‘They were also four times as likely to have open bite.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.