One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lack of occlusion of the front teeth when the jaw is closed normally.
- ‘They were also four times as likely to have open bite.’
- ‘The child had a severe anterior open bite as a result of tongue thrust, with accompanying malocclusion.’
- ‘Another common form of malocclusion, called an open bite, happens when the front teeth don't come completely together when a child bites down.’
- ‘In particular, he reported that abnormal children with stress-related emotional disturbances had a higher number of instances of overbite and open bite than did normal children.’
- ‘Crowding, deep bite, open bite, cross-bite, thumb sucking, missing teeth, and so on are some other agents that lead to facial irregularities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.