One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Also in this case, the formation of vesicles is suggested by the opalescence of the solution.’
- ‘Glacier Park has quite a few mountains with living glaciers, and the runoff rivulets, creeks and rivers have an opalescence that is indescribably beautiful.’
- ‘Moments of critical opalescence in the history of science - moments when a huge variety of scales are implicated - are not frequent.’
- ‘The water in front of me beckons with the green-blue milky-white opalescence peculiar to reef shallows.’
- ‘It is milky and turbid and represents a phenomenon known as critical opalescence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.