One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verbopacifies, opacified, opacifyingtechnical
Make or become opaque.with object ‘milk-glass opacified with arsenic displays a fiery opalescence’‘if the cavity opacifies, you should consider a fungal ball’
- ‘In conformity with the 16 th-century recipes, the opaque white glass is coloured and opacified by small tin oxide crystals within a glass which is rich in lead.’
- ‘The 11 cases were part of a series of 8000 roentgen examinations, in which the esophagus was opacified as an essential requirement for the conclusive diagnosis of right aortic arch.’
- ‘The normal gallbladder (without stones) becomes opacified after the ingestion of iodinated contrast tablets.’
- ‘Catheter shapes vary from flush catheters that opacify large vessels to selective catheters that can be introduced into branch vessels.’
- ‘Thrombosed AVMs may not opacify during angiography and may only be recognized as areas of avascular mass effect or very subtle arteriovenous shunting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.