One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for opportunity shop
- ‘She had blonde hair and was dressed in older clothes, the sort one might pick up from an op shop.’
- ‘You can usually pick one up at an op shop for a few dollars.’
- ‘Dorothy and Irene are two of the six volunteers at the op shop and were very pleased about the news that they were staying put.’
- ‘It was a warm pink, rose-covered chiffon dress that she had found at an op shop, and added some frills to.’
- ‘‘We could go check in an opp shop,’ suggested Saby.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.