One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for opportunity shop
- ‘Dorothy and Irene are two of the six volunteers at the op shop and were very pleased about the news that they were staying put.’
- ‘‘We could go check in an opp shop,’ suggested Saby.’
- ‘She had blonde hair and was dressed in older clothes, the sort one might pick up from an op shop.’
- ‘You can usually pick one up at an op shop for a few dollars.’
- ‘It was a warm pink, rose-covered chiffon dress that she had found at an op shop, and added some frills to.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.