One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of an ovary.
- ‘Medical statistics since 1990 show a clear growth trend in the number of illnesses of the genitourinary system (glomerular disorders, urolithiasis, salpingitis, oophoritis, etc.).’
- ‘In young men there is a 40% risk of testicular inflammation in those that contract the disease while some 5% of woman may develop oophoritis (ovarian inflammation).’
- ‘Several similar reported cases, sufficiently different histologically from xanthogranulomatous salpingitis and oophoritis, are not included in this list.’
- ‘A case of xanthogranulomatous salpingitis and oophoritis in a 47-year-old woman is presented.’
- ‘The present case is consistent with other reported cases of xanthogranulomatous salpingitis and oophoritis in its presentation, history of infection, and antibiotic treatment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.