Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The production or development of an ovum.
- ‘The cytological processes of spermatogenesis and oogenesis are quite distinct.’
- ‘This paradox can be explained by the occurrence of narrow bottlenecks during oogenesis or early embryo development.’
- ‘It has long been known that most of the factors that are required during early embryogenesis are deposited into the egg cytoplasm during oogenesis and are maternally provided.’
- ‘The genes we identified are involved in oogenesis, metabolism, and feeding behaviors, indicating a possible link to reproduction and survival.’
- ‘If X chromosome loss occurs during oogenesis, then some ova are expected to be nullo-X, which would result in a patroclinous non-Unc male.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.