Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The production or development of an ovum.
- ‘If X chromosome loss occurs during oogenesis, then some ova are expected to be nullo-X, which would result in a patroclinous non-Unc male.’
- ‘The genes we identified are involved in oogenesis, metabolism, and feeding behaviors, indicating a possible link to reproduction and survival.’
- ‘This paradox can be explained by the occurrence of narrow bottlenecks during oogenesis or early embryo development.’
- ‘The cytological processes of spermatogenesis and oogenesis are quite distinct.’
- ‘It has long been known that most of the factors that are required during early embryogenesis are deposited into the egg cytoplasm during oogenesis and are maternally provided.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.