Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cell in an ovary which may undergo meiotic division to form an ovum.
- ‘As semen quality reduces, the proportion of oocytes fertilised by in vitro insemination decreases.’
- ‘However, in young women this comes at a price - many women lose ovarian function because oocytes or their support cells are damaged by the treatment.’
- ‘Generally, this reflects a decline in the number of oocytes in the ovary (decreased ovarian reserve).’
- ‘In mammals, signals from the gonads determine whether the germ cells develop into oocytes or sperm.’
- ‘The oocyte is then allowed to develop to the blastocyst stage in vitro.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.