One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cyst containing a zygote formed by a parasitic protozoan such as the malaria parasite.
- ‘The goal of this study was to compare the effects of malaria oocysts and sporozoites on the two mechanisms that could affect the mosquito's biting rate: motivation and efficiency.’
- ‘Infection is acquired by ingestion of viable tissue cysts in meat or oocysts excreted by cats that contaminate the environment.’
- ‘Maturation of the oocysts leads to sporozoite release into the hemocoel.’
- ‘Once T. gondii has bred in the brain of a cat that has ingested an infected rat, the parasite's oocysts are expelled with the cat's feces.’
- ‘These parasites are transmitted via oocysts that are excreted with the feces of the host.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.