One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A terrestrial invertebrate of the small phylum "Onychophora" , which comprises the velvet worms.
- ‘All of these Cambrian forms differed from living onychophorans in being marine.’
- ‘Whilst true arthropods, tardigrades and onychophorans are highly differentiated in form today, such was not always the case.’
- ‘Similarly, onychophorans have been used in developmental studies of the evolution of appendages and of body segmentation.’
- ‘A number of fossils from the Cambrian have been described which look more or less like onychophorans.’
- ‘The fossil is not very different from living onychophorans.’
Relating to or denoting onychophorans.
- ‘Other organisms placed in the Ecdysozoa include kinorhynchs, priapulids, nematomorphs, onychophorans and tardigrades.’
- ‘The two onychophoran taxa plot centrally, as do the two Marellomorphs.’
- ‘In that time, the first undoubted fossil annelids, arthropods, brachiopods, echinoderms, molluscs, onychophorans, poriferans, and priapulids show up in rocks all over the world.’
- ‘Furthermore, the absence of engrailed expression in the onychophoran ectoderm makes more sense in the context of a skeleton bounding function rather than a general segmentation program.’
- ‘The limb staining suggests shared ancestry of the onychophoran and arthropod limbs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.