One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Such steps have often been taken both by ontologists and apologists for movies.’
- ‘‘Ontology’ is a grandiose name for a part of metaphysics: an ontologist attempts to determine what sort of things really exist, what are the fundamental entities of which the world consists.’
- ‘We boast of our outlaw status as outsiders or marginals, as guerilla ontologists; why then, do we continually beg for authenticity and validation (either as ‘reward’ or as ‘punishment’) from authority?’
- ‘In response, the ontologist observes that the medium may still have a nature, even if there are no stylistic mandates that follow from it.’
- ‘Many ‘ontologists’ are truly re-inventing the wheel - an already-developed thesaurus for their subject matter may be hiding in the stacks of their local university library.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.