One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The argument that God, being defined as most great or perfect, must exist, since a God who exists is greater than a God who does not.
- ‘A third argument - now dubbed the ontological argument - maintains that the greatest possible being must exist since it is logically contradictory to assert otherwise.’
- ‘So, in the end, all three arguments reduce to the ontological argument, which tells us that God must exist, since existence belongs to the very concept of God.’
- ‘Does anybody else know of any other ontological arguments?’
- ‘The most important of those proofs were the ontological argument, the cosmological argument, and the teleological argument.’
- ‘However, the contention that the cosmological argument depends on the ontological argument is based on a confusion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.