One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An intentionally short kick-off that travels forward only slightly further than the legally required distance of 10 yards, and which the kicking team attempts to recover.
- ‘I would practice kickoffs and onside kicks, but when it came time to practice field goals, you're at the mercy of how much time the holder and snapper can give you.’
- ‘A player catches two touchdowns, the game winning two-pointer, recovers an onside kick, and makes a game-saving tackle in less than a minute.’
- ‘They scored a touchdown, then recovered an onside kick, then threw a Hail Mary that was caught in the endzone as time expired.’
- ‘We decided to go for an onside kick, which we recovered.’
- ‘After the score, Houston attempted a surprise onside kick, but failed to recover.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.