Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An intentionally short kick-off that travels forward only slightly further than the legally required distance of 10 yards, and which the kicking team attempts to recover.
- ‘After the score, Houston attempted a surprise onside kick, but failed to recover.’
- ‘They scored a touchdown, then recovered an onside kick, then threw a Hail Mary that was caught in the endzone as time expired.’
- ‘I would practice kickoffs and onside kicks, but when it came time to practice field goals, you're at the mercy of how much time the holder and snapper can give you.’
- ‘We decided to go for an onside kick, which we recovered.’
- ‘A player catches two touchdowns, the game winning two-pointer, recovers an onside kick, and makes a game-saving tackle in less than a minute.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.