One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A website or application by means of which goods or services are sold over the Internet.‘they have just opened an online shop’
- ‘The site at least does have a link to the party's online shop.’
- ‘The renowned food writer has launched a range of cooking accessories and cupboard staples, available via her online shop.’
- ‘An online shop has recently been launched on the website with 60 products available to buy.’
- ‘A child exploring a fan site on the internet will be directed to an online shop.’
- ‘Check out their online shop selling high-quality stuff made by socially conscious companies.’
- ‘Here's a neat online shop for fun gifts.’
- ‘Tickets are available in our secure online shop.’
- ‘In the online shop section you can also book a round on the world's famous course.’
- ‘We are looking to have an online shop up and running by January.’
- ‘The site has pledged the profits from January sales in its online shop to the Asian Tsunami appeal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.