One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A website or application by means of which goods or services are sold over the Internet.‘they have just opened an online shop’
- ‘In the online shop section you can also book a round on the world's famous course.’
- ‘The renowned food writer has launched a range of cooking accessories and cupboard staples, available via her online shop.’
- ‘The site at least does have a link to the party's online shop.’
- ‘Tickets are available in our secure online shop.’
- ‘A child exploring a fan site on the internet will be directed to an online shop.’
- ‘The site has pledged the profits from January sales in its online shop to the Asian Tsunami appeal.’
- ‘An online shop has recently been launched on the website with 60 products available to buy.’
- ‘We are looking to have an online shop up and running by January.’
- ‘Here's a neat online shop for fun gifts.’
- ‘Check out their online shop selling high-quality stuff made by socially conscious companies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.