One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of banking in which transactions are conducted electronically over the Internet.‘some customers have concerns about the security of online banking’
- ‘Allegedly, approximately $30 million is said to have been stolen from online banking customers.’
- ‘Online banking costs banks less to process than over-the-counter transactions.’
- ‘In general, online banking tends to be a little bit safer because there isn't a paper trail.’
- ‘Visitors were sent to a site harbours a series of Trojan Horses that aim to steal confidential information from infected PCs, including sensitive online banking account details.’
- ‘With online banking, I can see exactly what funds are at my disposal.’
- ‘Experts have warned about the dangers of online banking after a security breach.’
- ‘You can either choose to pay via online banking or to provide your account details.’
- ‘The company announced that it would be using the technology to facilitate its own online banking.’
- ‘Emails and webpages contain viruses with keystroke loggers that capture customers' online banking passwords.’
- ‘If you do online banking, you need to be sure your connection is the correct one, not a site posing as your bank.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.