One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bank that operates over the Internet.‘many online banks provide saving accounts with high interest rates’
- ‘Smile is the Co-operative Bank's online bank.’
- ‘Prudential Insurance, which owns 79 per cent of the online bank, is keen to sell the business.’
- ‘Livedoor in January announced plans to launch an online bank with Saikyo Bank Ltd., a midsize lender in western Japan.’
- ‘You may be about to lose your online bank account.’
- ‘Bond has never quite denied he would make a play for Merrill, with which HSBC now runs an online bank.’
- ‘The online bank drew 30,000 accounts, vs. 146 million for the rest of Citigroup's banking operation.’
- ‘They're planning to raise the capital to start an online bank.’
- ‘Last week four eastern Europeans appeared in a London court charged with defrauding online banks of hundreds of thousands through an elaborate phishing scam.’
- ‘Barclays today beat Egg to become Britain's most visited online bank.’
- ‘The online bank's UK operation recently reported its third straight quarterly pre-tax profit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.