One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A goal net (used especially in the context of scoring a goal)‘when it comes to finding the international onion bag, there is no one better at the job than Carter’
- ‘Crespo eventually thwacks it into the onion bag but from an offside position.’
- ‘I may be knocking on a bit but I'd like to think that I still know where the old onion bag is!’
- ‘He may be 32 now but he can still put the ball in the onion bag from anywhere and has not lost his fast feet.’
- ‘The scoring of goals has always been a problem for the Australians, but against Dublin on Wednesday, they stuck a few into the onion bag.’
- ‘But if we had put one in the onion bag ourselves we would not have lost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.