One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The regulatory onerousness of this legislation is diametrically opposed to the Government's rhetoric of wanting to lift our economic growth by focusing on and progressing biotechnology.’
- ‘In much of the literature on Neilson the reader is led to believe that the harshness of the Mallee and the sheer onerousness of his working life made it difficult for him to write.’
- ‘That obligation might or might not have different degrees of onerousness because of what the State otherwise does in a particular case, full stop.’
- ‘Ossie Kilkenny, U2's accountant, comes in for a similar beating, having tried to get the author to sign a management contract of Dickensian onerousness.’
- ‘Treated as a finding of fact, it cannot be supported on the evidence, which, as to the onerousness of the suggested of remedial measure, was non-existent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.