One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to suggest that the exact sequence of events is too obvious to need recounting.‘he offered me a lift home one night and one thing led to another’
- ‘And one thing leads to another and then pretty soon, both people are in this violent dilemma.’
- ‘Anyway it's also fun to see how one thing leads to another.’
- ‘And one thing leads to another and on and on it goes.’
- ‘But one thing leads to another, as smokers, dieters and alcoholics all know only too well.’
- ‘Like so many things in life, one thing leads to another.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.