One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Everyone.‘well done one and all!’
without opposition, with one accord, with one mind, to a man, as one, one and all, each and every one, bar none, without exceptionView synonyms
- ‘His gentle and sincere disposition endeared him to one and all.’
- ‘A very happy New Year to one and all; and just as importantly for our industry, I hope it's prosperous.’
- ‘Neither firm nor trustees inquired into alternatives for members other than closing the final salary pension scheme to one and all.’
- ‘Thank you one and all, including the receptionists and nurses.’
- ‘The thoughts of one and all, both in the comment box and by email were appreciated.’
- ‘A sincere thanks to one and all and best wishes to everyone for a very Happy Christmas and prosperous New Year.’
- ‘We had a lovely session at our ManchesterSummit, introducing one and all to Blogging.’
- ‘Yeah, you see, I've tried very, very hard to come up with a paragraph that'll win me busloads of sympathy from one and all.’
- ‘A good time was had by one and all and there are no complaints.’
- ‘A great night of fun and entertainment is promised to one and all with music on the night by the ever popular Quality Street.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.