One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something at which one excels.‘arithmetic had never been my strong point’
strength, strong suit, long suit, forte, aptitude, bent, speciality, specialty, métier, claim to fame, skillView synonyms
- ‘‘Our pitching and defence were our strong point,’ offered Bishop.’
- ‘Consistency however hasn't been their strong point and anything less than their best may not be enough this time round.’
- ‘A sense of direction has never been my strong point.’
- ‘Then again, hypocrisy seems to be their strong point.’
- ‘Sociology and statistics don't seem to be your strong point, Mr Newton.’
- ‘But having already proven that this is not my strong point, I was soon relieved of my hammering duties once again.’
- ‘But you're go-getting ways prevail, and you take charge of what's important because prioritizing is your strong point.’
- ‘However, reliability is nor your strong point.’
- ‘Modern dance is not their strong point, though, as their movements were a bit out-of-date.’
- ‘I didn't bowl too badly but that's never been my strong point.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.