One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Good value for one's money.‘I've had my money's worth out of it’
- ‘He might not get you off but he'll give you your money's worth - and despite his reputation he won't charge any more than your average lawyer.’
- ‘That's only four round-trips needed to get your money's worth, at $2 each way.’
- ‘They will give you your money's worth, and more.’
- ‘It shows in the effort of the players, who always provide rousing matches that give the fans more than their money's worth.’
- ‘You're here to get your money's worth, because that's what the all-you-can-eat outing is really about.’
- ‘For seafood lovers, here is a place where you can get your money's worth.’
- ‘The graphics are better, and the gameplay is much improved with a solid Franchise mode, so you'll definitely get your money's worth with this one.’
- ‘Solid transfers and a very enthralling cinematic experience create the value that gives consumers their money's worth here.’
- ‘Prices are high, but you feel like you're getting your money's worth.’
- ‘To get your money's worth, be sure to buy the special edition with bonus DVD featuring seven favorite tracks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.