One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One is foolish or stupid.‘I love you but your head's a marley’
- ‘"Our teacher's head's a marley; he's put George in for the eleven-plus."’
- ‘You want me to stay here? Your head's a marley.’
- ‘"Catch yourself on, wee girl. Your head's a marley."’
- ‘Your head's a marley; I could climb it, no bother.’
- ‘"Tony, your head's a marley. Just for once, do the right thing."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.