One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study and treatment of tumours.
- ‘She willingly lectures at conferences on palliative care, oncology nursing, and pain management.’
- ‘My research group runs training courses in communication skills for healthcare professionals working in oncology.’
- ‘She has previously worked at Mayo in the areas of orthopedic oncology and pediatric radiology.’
- ‘These groups were cases in patients admitted to renal, oncology or haematology wards, and all other cases.’
- ‘Because the paediatric oncology ward was full, the boy was admitted to a general paediatric ward.’
- ‘So this was really looking at the impact of medical oncology.’
- ‘An oncology consultant suggested radiation therapy for the lung lesion and head.’
- ‘It represents the most exciting advance in solid tumour oncology over the past decade.’
- ‘Other leaders in oncology have also urged continued study of this treatment.’
- ‘In the past year colorectal cancer has been at the cutting edge of new developments in medical oncology.’
- ‘In paediatric oncology this should include the track record of new treatments studied in earlier trials’
- ‘Such arrangements should be considered for future studies in clinical oncology, especially those in which complex questions are asked.’
- ‘Cheng is also an assistant professor of gynecology and obstetrics and oncology.’
- ‘Radiology and oncology, which are both examined by the Royal College of Radiologists, were analysed separately.’
- ‘A similar situation has been noted in paediatric oncology, with a lower than expected number of referrals for bone marrow transplant.’
- ‘After senior house officer posts in emergency medicine, oncology, and medicine, he was appointed to the Royal Marsden Hospital.’
- ‘She carried a heavy workload, much involved in paediatric oncology and the early days of bone marrow transplantation.’
- ‘He was referred to the department of oncology, and ultrasonography showed a calcified left paravertebral tumour.’
- ‘All patients were seen together with a senior nurse from the gynaecological oncology unit.’
- ‘Considering the rapid changes in the field of medical oncology, each guideline undergoes a yearly update.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.