One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study and treatment of tumours.
- ‘She willingly lectures at conferences on palliative care, oncology nursing, and pain management.’
- ‘Radiology and oncology, which are both examined by the Royal College of Radiologists, were analysed separately.’
- ‘A similar situation has been noted in paediatric oncology, with a lower than expected number of referrals for bone marrow transplant.’
- ‘He was referred to the department of oncology, and ultrasonography showed a calcified left paravertebral tumour.’
- ‘Cheng is also an assistant professor of gynecology and obstetrics and oncology.’
- ‘Because the paediatric oncology ward was full, the boy was admitted to a general paediatric ward.’
- ‘Considering the rapid changes in the field of medical oncology, each guideline undergoes a yearly update.’
- ‘She has previously worked at Mayo in the areas of orthopedic oncology and pediatric radiology.’
- ‘Other leaders in oncology have also urged continued study of this treatment.’
- ‘Such arrangements should be considered for future studies in clinical oncology, especially those in which complex questions are asked.’
- ‘After senior house officer posts in emergency medicine, oncology, and medicine, he was appointed to the Royal Marsden Hospital.’
- ‘So this was really looking at the impact of medical oncology.’
- ‘An oncology consultant suggested radiation therapy for the lung lesion and head.’
- ‘My research group runs training courses in communication skills for healthcare professionals working in oncology.’
- ‘All patients were seen together with a senior nurse from the gynaecological oncology unit.’
- ‘It represents the most exciting advance in solid tumour oncology over the past decade.’
- ‘In paediatric oncology this should include the track record of new treatments studied in earlier trials’
- ‘In the past year colorectal cancer has been at the cutting edge of new developments in medical oncology.’
- ‘These groups were cases in patients admitted to renal, oncology or haematology wards, and all other cases.’
- ‘She carried a heavy workload, much involved in paediatric oncology and the early days of bone marrow transplantation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.