One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study and treatment of tumours.
- ‘He was referred to the department of oncology, and ultrasonography showed a calcified left paravertebral tumour.’
- ‘In the past year colorectal cancer has been at the cutting edge of new developments in medical oncology.’
- ‘A similar situation has been noted in paediatric oncology, with a lower than expected number of referrals for bone marrow transplant.’
- ‘All patients were seen together with a senior nurse from the gynaecological oncology unit.’
- ‘An oncology consultant suggested radiation therapy for the lung lesion and head.’
- ‘She willingly lectures at conferences on palliative care, oncology nursing, and pain management.’
- ‘Such arrangements should be considered for future studies in clinical oncology, especially those in which complex questions are asked.’
- ‘In paediatric oncology this should include the track record of new treatments studied in earlier trials’
- ‘Radiology and oncology, which are both examined by the Royal College of Radiologists, were analysed separately.’
- ‘Because the paediatric oncology ward was full, the boy was admitted to a general paediatric ward.’
- ‘She has previously worked at Mayo in the areas of orthopedic oncology and pediatric radiology.’
- ‘Cheng is also an assistant professor of gynecology and obstetrics and oncology.’
- ‘My research group runs training courses in communication skills for healthcare professionals working in oncology.’
- ‘So this was really looking at the impact of medical oncology.’
- ‘She carried a heavy workload, much involved in paediatric oncology and the early days of bone marrow transplantation.’
- ‘These groups were cases in patients admitted to renal, oncology or haematology wards, and all other cases.’
- ‘It represents the most exciting advance in solid tumour oncology over the past decade.’
- ‘Considering the rapid changes in the field of medical oncology, each guideline undergoes a yearly update.’
- ‘Other leaders in oncology have also urged continued study of this treatment.’
- ‘After senior house officer posts in emergency medicine, oncology, and medicine, he was appointed to the Royal Marsden Hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.