One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Causing development of a tumour or tumours.
- ‘There may be a direct correlation between the number of copies of an oncogenic HPV type within a cell or in an anatomic site and the risk of developing HPV-related disease.’
- ‘Although infections with oncogenic strains of human papillomavirus remain the prime cause of cervical cancer, infection with some strains of Chlamydia trachomatis seem to contribute to that risk.’
- ‘It has been hoped that the ability to identify patients with oncogenic HPV types will lead to improved detection in women more likely to have SILs.’
- ‘These early HPV tests did not achieve widespread use because they did not detect all oncogenic HPV genotypes.’
- ‘However, if liquid-based cytology is used, reflex HPV DNA testing for oncogenic HPV types is the preferred method of evaluation (AI recommendation).’
- ‘The diagnoses of LSIL and ASC-US with oncogenic HPV types are clinically equivalent.’
- ‘Although integration of oncogenic HPV is an important event in the pathogenesis of the majority of cervical and some vulvar carcinomas, HPV alone is insufficient for the evolution of these tumors.’
- ‘Thus, the term high-risk or oncogenic HPV is a relative misnomer.15’
- ‘The frequency of oncogenic HPV detection and underlying lesions of CIN 2 or higher and CIN 3 or higher in women with ASCUS-H was intermediate between that of ASCUS-L and HSIL.’
- ‘In the preliminary investigations using multiple PCR on endoscopie EC biopsies, a significant prevalence of the highly oncogenic HPV - 16 was documented.’
- ‘One good quality assurance indicator for the Digene HC2 assay would be to monitor the frequency of oncogenic HPV types in atypical squamous cell specimens.’
- ‘It is caused by infections with oncogenic strains of the human papillomavirus.’
- ‘Context.-Cervicography and oncogenic human papillomavirus testing have been proposed for improving the accuracy of cervical cancer screening.’
- ‘Efavirenz should not be used during pregnancy because of possible teratogenicity, and the potential for oncogenic toxicity is unknown.’
- ‘It is also acceptable to perform repeat HPV DNA testing at 12 months and refer the patient for colposcopy if oncogenic HPV types persist (BII recommendation).’
- ‘A total of 98.9 percent of women with HSIL test positive for oncogenic HPV types.’
- ‘In histologic terms, it seems that a sizable percentage of CIN 3 cases arise from oncogenic HPV infections without transiting through diagnosed CIN 1 or even equivocal microscopic lesions.’
- ‘Cross-reactivity occurs between oncogenic and nononcogenic panels, resulting in false-positive results for both oncogenic and nononcogenic HPV types.’
- ‘Presence of oncogenic HPV types 16 and 18 DNA was done by polymerase chain reaction.’
- ‘The prevalence of oncogenic HPV was too high to permit effective triage of LSIL using HPV DNA testing by Hybrid Capture 2.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.