Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Causing development of a tumour or tumours.
- ‘These early HPV tests did not achieve widespread use because they did not detect all oncogenic HPV genotypes.’
- ‘The prevalence of oncogenic HPV was too high to permit effective triage of LSIL using HPV DNA testing by Hybrid Capture 2.’
- ‘A total of 98.9 percent of women with HSIL test positive for oncogenic HPV types.’
- ‘However, if liquid-based cytology is used, reflex HPV DNA testing for oncogenic HPV types is the preferred method of evaluation (AI recommendation).’
- ‘In histologic terms, it seems that a sizable percentage of CIN 3 cases arise from oncogenic HPV infections without transiting through diagnosed CIN 1 or even equivocal microscopic lesions.’
- ‘Cross-reactivity occurs between oncogenic and nononcogenic panels, resulting in false-positive results for both oncogenic and nononcogenic HPV types.’
- ‘The diagnoses of LSIL and ASC-US with oncogenic HPV types are clinically equivalent.’
- ‘One good quality assurance indicator for the Digene HC2 assay would be to monitor the frequency of oncogenic HPV types in atypical squamous cell specimens.’
- ‘There may be a direct correlation between the number of copies of an oncogenic HPV type within a cell or in an anatomic site and the risk of developing HPV-related disease.’
- ‘Although integration of oncogenic HPV is an important event in the pathogenesis of the majority of cervical and some vulvar carcinomas, HPV alone is insufficient for the evolution of these tumors.’
- ‘The frequency of oncogenic HPV detection and underlying lesions of CIN 2 or higher and CIN 3 or higher in women with ASCUS-H was intermediate between that of ASCUS-L and HSIL.’
- ‘Context.-Cervicography and oncogenic human papillomavirus testing have been proposed for improving the accuracy of cervical cancer screening.’
- ‘Presence of oncogenic HPV types 16 and 18 DNA was done by polymerase chain reaction.’
- ‘Efavirenz should not be used during pregnancy because of possible teratogenicity, and the potential for oncogenic toxicity is unknown.’
- ‘Thus, the term high-risk or oncogenic HPV is a relative misnomer.15’
- ‘It is also acceptable to perform repeat HPV DNA testing at 12 months and refer the patient for colposcopy if oncogenic HPV types persist (BII recommendation).’
- ‘It has been hoped that the ability to identify patients with oncogenic HPV types will lead to improved detection in women more likely to have SILs.’
- ‘It is caused by infections with oncogenic strains of the human papillomavirus.’
- ‘In the preliminary investigations using multiple PCR on endoscopie EC biopsies, a significant prevalence of the highly oncogenic HPV - 16 was documented.’
- ‘Although infections with oncogenic strains of human papillomavirus remain the prime cause of cervical cancer, infection with some strains of Chlamydia trachomatis seem to contribute to that risk.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.