One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a chance or experience) unlikely to occur more than once in a person's life.‘being part of the Commonwealth Games has been a once in a lifetime experience’
- ‘It's a once in a lifetime moment and a New Zealander has never won before.’
- ‘This is a once in a lifetime chance to change the future of this part of the county.’
- ‘Perhaps once in a lifetime, if we are very lucky, our paths may cross with someone who is destined to make an enormous change in our lives.’
- ‘It's going to be a once in a lifetime event to raise money for the tragedy.’
- ‘For many girls the tournament was a once in a lifetime opportunity.’
- ‘This trip is a once in a lifetime experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.