One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a chance or experience) unlikely to occur more than once in a person's life.‘being part of the Commonwealth Games has been a once in a lifetime experience’
- ‘It's going to be a once in a lifetime event to raise money for the tragedy.’
- ‘For many girls the tournament was a once in a lifetime opportunity.’
- ‘This trip is a once in a lifetime experience.’
- ‘This is a once in a lifetime chance to change the future of this part of the county.’
- ‘It's a once in a lifetime moment and a New Zealander has never won before.’
- ‘Perhaps once in a lifetime, if we are very lucky, our paths may cross with someone who is destined to make an enormous change in our lives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.