One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Now and for the last time; finally.
conclusively, decisively, finally, positively, absolutely, determinedly, definitely, definitively, irrevocablyfor good, for always, forever, permanently, finally, in perpetuityView synonyms
- ‘If there had ever been any doubters, they were silenced once and for all.’
- ‘I'd appreciate any information which serves to conclude this dispute once and for all.’
- ‘It is better to strengthen your determination and stop smoking once for all rather than slowing it down.’
- ‘This is one issue that residents and pedestrians would like to see completed once and for all.’
- ‘Several months earlier he had still been despairing over the work and no doubt wondering whether another seizure would leave him speechless once for all.’
- ‘The aim should surely be to end these meetings once and for all, because all the goals have been reached.’
- ‘After all, surely this organisation could put the matter to rest once and for all.’
- ‘It is time that the Government found a solution to this problem once and for all.’
- ‘THis time the vet gave him some drops to kill the fleas once and for all.’
- ‘We first meet her in a rehab facility, vowing to kick the habit once and for all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.