One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Now and for the last time; finally.
conclusively, decisively, finally, positively, absolutely, determinedly, definitely, definitively, irrevocablyfor good, for always, forever, permanently, finally, in perpetuityView synonyms
- ‘Several months earlier he had still been despairing over the work and no doubt wondering whether another seizure would leave him speechless once for all.’
- ‘I'd appreciate any information which serves to conclude this dispute once and for all.’
- ‘This is one issue that residents and pedestrians would like to see completed once and for all.’
- ‘We first meet her in a rehab facility, vowing to kick the habit once and for all.’
- ‘After all, surely this organisation could put the matter to rest once and for all.’
- ‘If there had ever been any doubters, they were silenced once and for all.’
- ‘It is better to strengthen your determination and stop smoking once for all rather than slowing it down.’
- ‘It is time that the Government found a solution to this problem once and for all.’
- ‘THis time the vet gave him some drops to kill the fleas once and for all.’
- ‘The aim should surely be to end these meetings once and for all, because all the goals have been reached.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.