One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Go away (used as an expression of annoyance).
go away, depart, leave, take off, get out, get out of my sightView synonyms
- ‘I've looked death in the face a few times and said, ‘On your bike’.’
- ‘But Trinny and Susannah have said 'on yer bike' to her old style and fixed her up with an ultra-feminine look.’
- ‘At least they've not said "on yer bike son"’
- ‘When I first met him, he said ‘are you going to teach me to dance’, I said ‘on your bike’.’
- ‘"On yer bike mate, you can't bring that on board this train!"’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.