One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Declining or deteriorating.‘salaries are on the slide’
- ‘"We were in relegation trouble and the club was on the slide," he recalls.’
- ‘Shares have been on the slide for a couple of years, so investors are now running scared.’
- ‘With profits on the slide over the past year or two, it's inevitable that 'defensive' mergers will increase in frequency.’
- ‘The latest survey says house prices are on the slide, with prices falling at their fastest rate for two years.’
- ‘While he is seen as decisive and effective, public confidence in him as the next prime minister is on the slide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.