One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Declining or deteriorating.‘salaries are on the slide’
- ‘With profits on the slide over the past year or two, it's inevitable that 'defensive' mergers will increase in frequency.’
- ‘Shares have been on the slide for a couple of years, so investors are now running scared.’
- ‘The latest survey says house prices are on the slide, with prices falling at their fastest rate for two years.’
- ‘While he is seen as decisive and effective, public confidence in him as the next prime minister is on the slide.’
- ‘"We were in relegation trouble and the club was on the slide," he recalls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.