One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Living a life of ease and luxury; in a very fortunate situation.
- ‘The bookmaking company is also on the pig's back, having donated all profits from the betting to the appeal.’
- ‘He is on the pig's back - technically or figuratively, I do not know.’
- ‘Those fortunate ones who own such ground are sitting on the pig's back, or more correctly on a veritable goldmine.’
- ‘They'll be handing out press releases like medals, each bringing more news as to why we're all on the pig's back as a result of their department's spending settlement.’
- ‘He's on the pig's back, sure he'll top the poll.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.