One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Available for sale.‘she decided to put her flat on the market’
on sale, up for sale, for sale, on offer, purchasable, available, obtainableView synonyms
- ‘There's a glut of organic beauty products on the market, but where are the ones for our heads?’
- ‘Containing aloe vera and moisturiser, the gel will soon be available on the market.’
- ‘Is it relevant that the bank has installed the best security system available on the market?’
- ‘If we put it on the market now there's the possibility it may sell very quickly.’
- ‘I'm about to have a two-bed flat on the market and dread the search for a pair of tenants.’
- ‘Deterred by running such a large building in a smallish market town, they put it on the market.’
- ‘H's flat is back on the market, but is not fetching huge amounts of interest at the moment.’
- ‘The news of the sale came as a welcome surprise as it had been on the market for some time.’
- ‘There is nothing on the market that can touch the flavour, texture and colour of real pastry.’
- ‘Since the flat wasn't on the market, the vendors and I have agreed to do the sale privately.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.