One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Available for sale.‘she decided to put her flat on the market’
on sale, up for sale, for sale, on offer, purchasable, available, obtainableView synonyms
- ‘There is nothing on the market that can touch the flavour, texture and colour of real pastry.’
- ‘The news of the sale came as a welcome surprise as it had been on the market for some time.’
- ‘Deterred by running such a large building in a smallish market town, they put it on the market.’
- ‘I'm about to have a two-bed flat on the market and dread the search for a pair of tenants.’
- ‘H's flat is back on the market, but is not fetching huge amounts of interest at the moment.’
- ‘Containing aloe vera and moisturiser, the gel will soon be available on the market.’
- ‘Since the flat wasn't on the market, the vendors and I have agreed to do the sale privately.’
- ‘If we put it on the market now there's the possibility it may sell very quickly.’
- ‘Is it relevant that the bank has installed the best security system available on the market?’
- ‘There's a glut of organic beauty products on the market, but where are the ones for our heads?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.