One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Honest; truthful.‘Eddie said my story was on the level’
genuine, straight, honest, above board, fair, true, legitimate, sincere, straightforward, proper, honest-to-goodnessView synonyms
- ‘In fact, all those insults come from real guests who think the show is on the level.’
- ‘I can only assume that she's on the level.’
- ‘I think this guy is on the level, Gus.’
- ‘I realize we weren't totally on the level, but it's not like it was an actual scam.’
- ‘The average person wants to be on the level, and also knows that an accountant who takes chances puts all of his or her clients in danger of audit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.