One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At the same time every hour, or at the beginning of each hour.‘news bulletins all day on the hour’
- ‘It felt like a gradual poem coming across the TV screen in the same way a news story keeps adding one tiny little detail every hour on the hour.’
- ‘I can tell you that over the past five days we've done a count every hour on the hour, and it's well under 10 minutes.’
- ‘A child's handful of balloons escapes, as they must do every hour on the hour, and floats away over the Magic Kingdom.’
- ‘I rang every hour, on the hour, until three in the morning, for several nights.’
- ‘Same goes if you're doing it every hour on the hour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.