One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Working as a prostitute.‘she had been on the game for three years’
working as a prostitute, involved in prostitution, whoring, prostituting oneself, selling oneself, selling one's body, walking the streets, on the streets, practising the oldest profession, working in the sex industryView synonyms
- ‘Rumours are going round that she's pregnant again, and that she's on the game.’
- ‘Eventually he said he could not afford to supply her any more and she must go on the game to finance her habit.’
- ‘Some are on the game because of a drug problem, some just want to do that.’
- ‘Many prostitutes would not need to go on the game in order to buy heroin.’
- ‘After your daddy died in the war we had no money, so I went on the game.’
- ‘She was once a prostitute and now works with Tricia to help the girls on the game see there is more to life.’
- ‘I would hate one of my sisters to go on the game but I would feel twice as bad if either one was raped.’
- ‘She thought she would be on the game and taking drugs forever - but her life changed due to the love of a good man.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.