One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At low cost.‘proper care cannot be provided on the cheap’
- ‘We have dramatically expanded higher education on the cheap.’
- ‘Major shareholders may be buying back the loans on the cheap.’
- ‘But he couldn't resist the chance of snapping up Moore on the cheap.’
- ‘So, it's a case of doing things on the cheap, like hiring a van.’
- ‘But can I do this on the cheap, or does it cost a lot of money to put this together?’
- ‘Seven fuel cheats were counting the cost of trying to do their driving on the cheap.’
- ‘If you do it on the cheap then you reap the consequences.’
- ‘My generation has become used to living on the cheap - expensive housing, education and cost of living has seen to this.’
- ‘Horror movies are often done on the cheap and require no big-name stars and even benefit from a lack of production values.’
- ‘That the key question remains: why, other than a desire to do the job on the cheap, is the gas not to be processed offshore?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.