One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At low cost.‘proper care cannot be provided on the cheap’
- ‘Major shareholders may be buying back the loans on the cheap.’
- ‘So, it's a case of doing things on the cheap, like hiring a van.’
- ‘But he couldn't resist the chance of snapping up Moore on the cheap.’
- ‘Horror movies are often done on the cheap and require no big-name stars and even benefit from a lack of production values.’
- ‘My generation has become used to living on the cheap - expensive housing, education and cost of living has seen to this.’
- ‘We have dramatically expanded higher education on the cheap.’
- ‘Seven fuel cheats were counting the cost of trying to do their driving on the cheap.’
- ‘That the key question remains: why, other than a desire to do the job on the cheap, is the gas not to be processed offshore?’
- ‘If you do it on the cheap then you reap the consequences.’
- ‘But can I do this on the cheap, or does it cost a lot of money to put this together?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.