One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Available for sale at a reduced price.‘they have hamburger buns on special today’
- ‘She had bought it last week, on special at Foodland.’
- ‘We have a three pack of socks on special for only a fiver up at the till!’
- ‘One of them is liverwurst, which Larry got on special at the local deli.’
- ‘I expect they had either been abducted or were on special in an aisle I had yet to discover.’
- ‘Foodtown had it on special for about $10 - an absolute steal.’
- ‘They're on special!’
- ‘It had been on special for 99 cents a tub at Woolies, so we had 8 tubs of it in the freezer.’
- ‘"I was comfortable enough to put the Vanilla Twist on special in all our restaurants this month."’
- ‘I'd got some really cute outfits that were on special for like half price and didn't spend that much money.’
- ‘Now I use paper towels, and buy them in the 12 pack when they're on special.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.