One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In custody pending trial.‘most of the prisoners are on remand and awaiting trial’
- ‘Sentence length refers to the maximum number of days that the woman will serve in custody for all current sentences combined, once any days she spent in custody on remand are deducted.’
- ‘Both accused come from Bocage and are currently on remand at Bordelais awaiting trial.’
- ‘The Judge erred in not giving the Appellant credit for the 8 months spent on remand in custody.’
- ‘Detention pursuant to mental health legislation comes readily to mind, as does imprisonment on remand pending trial.’
- ‘He was returned to nearby Woodhill prison, where he is being held on remand pending trial, in a prison van.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.