One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Intentionally.‘he was being annoying on purpose’
deliberately, intentionally, purposely, by design, wilfully, calculatedly, premeditatedly, wittingly, knowingly, consciouslyView synonyms
- ‘Does anybody realise that buses actually drive through the traffic jams or are they coming late on purpose just to annoy you?’
- ‘I'm only glad that it was an accident and that he didn't do it on purpose.’
- ‘Firefighters believe youths who were waiting for them on the estate had started the blazes on purpose.’
- ‘Trying to be annoying on purpose doesn't strike me as the pinnacle of political broadcasting.’
- ‘Technically speaking, the Bhopal tragedy was an accident, in that it was not done on purpose.’
- ‘Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.’
- ‘Many within the industry and in the rail driving unions stress that no train driver runs a red light on purpose.’
- ‘It was only later that I realised that the boy had probably done it on purpose.’
- ‘The wife thought I'd done it on purpose, so I was in the doghouse for a while.’
- ‘Are we to think again that he doesn't understand the law, or did he hide some of the facts on purpose?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.