One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without authorization.‘he postponed, on his own responsibility, a proposal for a broadcast by the Archbishop of Canterbury’
- ‘Rather than sticking to your own stable skills, you should be flexible and polyvalent, and you should do this on your own responsibility, autonomously.’
- ‘He stated that the religious organisations were doing the registration on their own responsibility and the department has nothing to do with it.’
- ‘‘He has fared ill,’ is an addition that each man makes on his own responsibility.’
- ‘However, three months later, he decided on his own responsibility to try the drug again, and four hours later, had a tonic-clonic seizure.’
- ‘Is an archbishop authorized to draw that kind of money on his own responsibility, without telling anybody?’
- ‘I will send this letter to the Lieutenant General on my own responsibility.’
- ‘When the Officer of the watch believes the ship to be running into danger it is his duty to act at once on his own responsibility.’
- ‘I am aware that cases may occur where the commanding general, acting on his own responsibility, may with safety pass this limit, and with essential advantage to his country.’
- ‘To that end they supply services to third parties, on their own responsibility, thus acting independently within the meaning of Article 4 of the Sixth Directive.’
- ‘Yet so far, we as a nation have not only shirked responsibility for our own emissions, but have even interfered with the efforts of other nations to act on their own responsibility.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.