One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With the same advantages and disadvantages.‘all companies should be able to compete on equal terms’
- ‘We are seeing emerge a kaleidoscopic collection of niche high quality businesses which can compete on equal terms in the international market.’
- ‘Graduate students, junior faculty, senior distinguished professors all entered the lists on equal terms.’
- ‘Companies are no longer allowed to exclude part-time workers - they must offer membership to everyone on equal terms.’
- ‘For clubs playing in European competitions, a mid-season break would allow them to compete on equal terms.’
- ‘We do not succeed in meeting on equal terms those who lack the privilege of a history.’
- ‘I truly love a woman who will take on a man in a fight on equal terms.’
- ‘Philip gave her a curious look, standing to face her on equal terms.’
- ‘Private hospitals, whether for profit or not, would compete on equal terms.’
- ‘Catholic bishops claimed to correspond with provincial governors on equal terms.’
- ‘The competition takes place on a level playing field, where every country has a chance to participate on equal terms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.