One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With the same advantages and disadvantages.‘all companies should be able to compete on equal terms’
- ‘Catholic bishops claimed to correspond with provincial governors on equal terms.’
- ‘Companies are no longer allowed to exclude part-time workers - they must offer membership to everyone on equal terms.’
- ‘I truly love a woman who will take on a man in a fight on equal terms.’
- ‘We do not succeed in meeting on equal terms those who lack the privilege of a history.’
- ‘Philip gave her a curious look, standing to face her on equal terms.’
- ‘The competition takes place on a level playing field, where every country has a chance to participate on equal terms.’
- ‘Graduate students, junior faculty, senior distinguished professors all entered the lists on equal terms.’
- ‘For clubs playing in European competitions, a mid-season break would allow them to compete on equal terms.’
- ‘Private hospitals, whether for profit or not, would compete on equal terms.’
- ‘We are seeing emerge a kaleidoscopic collection of niche high quality businesses which can compete on equal terms in the international market.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.