One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As soon as or whenever required.‘a combination boiler provides hot water on demand’as modifier ‘an on-demand movie service on broadband’
- ‘From early in the morning to late at night, it provides health care on demand.’
- ‘Free booze and nibbles are available on demand - you just help yourself.’
- ‘This was changed in 2001, after legislation was put in place which allows anyone to opt for a postal vote on demand.’
- ‘There is a fine restaurant, and room service provides high-quality food and drink on demand from a short menu.’
- ‘One person doesn't get buy a book then print their own free editions of it, on demand, for anyone who's interested.’
- ‘In Calcutta, there is no waiting list as connections are available on demand.’
- ‘Feeding a baby on demand - as opposed to the regular structure of a bottle - can have advantages, too.’
- ‘The Minister was not in a position to produce a valid ticket on demand.’
- ‘The idea of providing applications on demand as Web services, for sure, was not a new invention.’
- ‘It had required people to produce their ID card on demand by the police.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.