One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With an arrangement to pay later.‘people believed that buying on credit was wrong’
on hire purchase, on hp, on the hp, by instalments, by deferred payment, on accountView synonyms
- ‘Nowadays I do not buy anything on credit, I save for it.’
- ‘The party has financed much of its high-spending campaign on credit.’
- ‘We have gone from being a nation who never accepted credit to being one which has no hang-ups about borrowing very considerable amounts on credit.’
- ‘She bought it on credit by claiming she was still on pregnancy leave.’
- ‘Don't be tempted to buy on credit if you can't pay it back.’
- ‘The motoring bills are on a separate computer system - which does not acknowledge payments on credit.’
- ‘For the next six years I learned to live the way the rest of the world lives, on credit and a precariously balanced checkbook.’
- ‘Whitegoods and consumer sundries are all paid for on credit.’
- ‘However, try not to buy anything else on credit while you still have this debt, otherwise you'll be back to square one.’
- ‘It is easy to forget the danger of living on credit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.